Wilbur-Ellis leveraging SafetyChain for food safety and quality continuous improvement, audit readiness and to run a best-in-class food safety operation
SafetyChain Software, leaders in food safety and quality assurance (FSQA) solutions that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA™, today announced that Wilbur-Ellis’ Feed Division – an international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals/ingredients – has selected and subsequently gone live with SafetyChain’s Food Safety Chain Management System (FSCMS) to execute on key food safety and quality automation initiatives.
Wilbur-Ellis is using SafetyChain’s FSCMS – SafetyChain for Food™ – to:
- Electronically collect FSQA data from a variety of internal/external sources including labs and plants
- Have FSQA data analyzed in realtime against specifications – with automated non-conformance alerts for timely Corrective/Preventive Actions (CAPAs)
- Create a centralized database of actionable FSQA data for reporting and continuous improvement
- Automate outbound Certificates of Analysis (COAs) to customers
- Leverage mobile applications for direct observation reporting, data collection and more
- Have immediate access to all relevant safety and quality records for on-demand audit readiness
Wilbur-Ellis selected and has a high level of satisfaction with SafetyChain because of its:
- Comprehensive, modular solution that covers a broad range of FSQA automation requirements in a single platform – including mobile FSQA applications
- Responsiveness of the SafetyChain team – both pre-sale and throughout implementation
- Ability of SafetyChain to provide FSQA best practices to leverage the full potential of the technology solution
Eric Johansen, Quality Manager for Wilbur-Ellis’ Feed Division, and the project sponsor, explained, “With today’s global food supply chain, regulatory demands such as FSMA and intense pressure from customers and the consuming public to provide the safest food possible, food safety and quality assurance has become increasingly more challenging.” Johansen continued, “To meet these challenges head-on, we initiated a project to leverage FSQA technology innovations to automate food safety and quality processes – and we are very pleased that we selected SafetyChain. They have proven themselves to have the best product with the broadest range of functionality to meet our needs. Most important, their team has a true understanding of food safety and quality best practices – and they’ve worked closely with us to fully leverage the software to automate our processes and improve our safety operations.”
Barbara Levin, SafetyChain Senior Vice-President and Co-Founder, commented, “I’ve had the chance to spend some time with Eric Johansen throughout the deployment of SafetyChain at Wilbur-Ellis, and I’ve been very impressed with the forward-thinking goals of Eric and his team. They have a true vision for how food safety and quality automation can improve operations while providing their customers with the safest, highest quality products, and we’re very excited to have them as a member of the SafetyChain customer community.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software – Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA™ – is the leading provider of Food Safety Chain Management Systems (FSCMS) that help enforce Food Safety & Quality Assurance along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it, and where it’s going next. It’s leading FSCMS, SafetyChain for Food, helps food and beverage companies: comply with regulatory, GFSI, customer and internal FSQA requirements; manage approved vendor/supplier programs; ensure FSQA data collection, workflow, processes, and documentation; and create central repository of FSQA data for trending, continuous improvement and audit readiness.
Wilbur-Ellis Company is a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, specialty chemicals and animal feed ingredients. By developing strong relationships, making strategic market investments and capitalizing on new opportunities, Wilbur-Ellis has continued to grow its business with sales now over $3 billion. www.wilburellis.com