SafetyChain’s HACCP/HARPC module automates the documentation and audit readiness requirements of USDA’s proposed rule for supermarkets and other retail beef grinding operations
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA)™, is pleased to announce that the rich functionality of its SafetyChain for HACCP /HARPC automation solution is ready to help food retailers today, prepare for – and comply with – USDA’s proposed grinding log rule.
USDA’s proposed rule will impact supermarkets and other retail beef grinding operations by requiring them to maintain documentation and records on the exact source(s) of raw material batches as part of their HACCP plans. In addition, the proposed rule mandates these retailers to maintain documentation of where batches of material end up in finished products.
By using the SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC solution combined with SafetyChain Mobile™ – a suite of mobile applications that allow SafetyChain to be accessed anywhere, anytime – supermarkets and other beef-grinding retail facilities can ensure they are in compliance and audit-ready through the ability to:
- Automate and standardize grind log forms on mobile tablets for required record keeping
- Generate realtime alert notifications for non-compliant events that automatically open a corrective and preventive action (CAPA)
- Review reports on-the-go for accurate and timely maintenance of grind log records
- Conveniently access any record, anywhere in realtime – allowing food safety managers at national and multi-facility retailers to have an on-demand view of performance across the organization
- Have the grind log records become a part of the overall food safety and HACCP records for “click of a mouse” audit readiness
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC automates a robust HACCP and/or HARPC program by allowing food safety teams to:
- Easily access and revise HACCP/Preventive Control plans and flowcharts for annual and/or mandated reassessments, new regulatory requirements and new or revised processes
- Set up all HACCP / Preventive Control tasks, such as CCPs or PRPs, with automated alerts prior to when the task is due – with escalating alerts to ensure completion – saving time and money while ensuring program compliance
- Cascade new and updated requirements throughout your food supply chain so that compliance is immediately enforced
- Automate CCP / Preventive Controls monitoring and verification against established parameters – with unalterable time/date stamps and electronic signatures for greater record efficacy
- Automate COAs or other documents when FSQA results are within specifications to speed throughput to the next point in your chain – or receive realtime alerts for “moment of detection” non-conformance CAPA generation
Dan Bernkopf, VP of Food Safety & Quality Applications with SafetyChain states, “With the proposed new USDA meat grinding rule, supermarkets and other meat-grinding retail facilities are facing a quandary of how best to meet the proposed mandate. SafetyChain for HACCP will allow supermarkets and other retail grinding facilities to turn what could be a time consuming, error-laden set of tasks into an efficient and streamlined process.”
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC is part of SafetyChain’s comprehensive, dedicated platform for food safety and quality assurance – SafetyChain for Food – that helps companies save time and money by creating operating efficiencies throughout their FSQA operations.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – upstream, downstream and internally. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and Mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally by leading companies across all food industry sectors.
Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety