Tech Talk Webcast featuring Lamont Rumbers, formerly of Sam’s Club, focused on understanding, managing and reducing cost of quality
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA)™, hosted its third FSQA Tech Talk session on June 25 titled, “The Economics of Food Quality Management.” The FSQA Tech Talk session featured Lamont Rumbers, President and Founder of Fully Integrated Quality Solutions (FIQS) and former Senior Director of Quality at Sam’s Club.
During the interactive FSQA Tech Talk session, Mr. Rumbers shared insights on understanding, managing and reducing cost of quality including:
- Defining quality in an organization
- Determining the “right” quality metrics through an understanding of Cost of Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Improving visibility of process, product and supplier quality
- Driving data to information to improve Economics of Quality
- Making quality “business relevant” to gain buy-in for change
- Understanding quality-risk universe
- The role of food quality management technologies to improve performance, lower costs
“We were thrilled to have Lamont provide valuable insight on the challenges food quality management teams face today in assessing and reducing the cost of quality. Lamont also discussed the role of automation technologies in helping companies address key quality management and reporting challenges, as well as, provided guidance on how to build a business case, get buy-in for these important food safety and quality solutions,” said, Jill Bender, SafetyChain VP Marketing Communications.
Following the FSQA Tech Talk session, attendees remained online for a live demonstration of SafetyChain’s food safety and quality automation solutions – SafetyChain for Food™ – to learn how companies are improving food safety and quality management while reducing costs. The SafetyChain solution demo focused on food quality management, and provided insights on how companies are:
- Reporting and trending food safety and quality data for continuous improvement
- Analyzing food safety and quality results in realtime for timely CAPA
- Capturing food safety and quality data via mobile apps
- Automating supplier compliance
- More effectively managing regulatory, customer, GFSI, customer and internal compliance – with on-demand audit readiness
Registration for SafetyChain Software’s FSQA Tech Talks are complimentary and participants need only sign-up once to automatically receive notice of the next topic and login/call information. To learn more or register, visit www.safetychain.com.
Upcoming FSQA Tech Talks Include:
August 6: Conquering HACCP, HARPC and Food Safety Plan Management
October 16: YES – You Can be Audit Ready All the Time
SafetyChain’s FSQA Tech Talk Series is a part of SafetyChain’s 2015 FSQA Technology Series: “Enabling Technologies – The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Game Changer” – which includes Leadership Forums, FSQA Tech Talks and Executive Briefs focusing on the critical role of FSQA enabling technologies in effectively and efficiently executing on today’s top food safety and quality challenges. To learn more visit www.safetychain.com.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – upstream, downstream and internally. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and Mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally by leading companies across all food industry sectors.
Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety