Series examined the impact of technology on tackling challenges of FSQA operational performance, FSMA compliance, risk management, Cost of Quality, food safety audit readiness and more
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Solutions that automate, streamline and improve Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) – today announced the successful wrap-up of its “FSQA Enabling Technologies – the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Game Changer” online series – which attracted more than 2,000 participants throughout the year.
SafetyChain, known for offering a wide variety of complimentary online FSQA thought leadership events to the food industry – including its FSMA Fridays and GFSI in the Age of FSMA series – introduced the Enabling Technologies series to begin an important dialogue on the role of emerging technologies in managing key challenges faced by today’s food and beverage companies.
The series, which featured Leadership Forums, Tech Talks and eBriefs – many featuring recognized industry thought leaders as well as SafetyChain experts – is now available – click here.
Dr. David Acheson, president of The Acheson Group and former Chief Medical Officer for USDA and Associate Commissioner for Foods at FDA – who kicked off the series with a leadership forum on Food Safety Risk Management and Supply Chain Controls, which also featured Nancy Wilson, Director of Quality Assurance, Risk and Safety for Wawa – said, “With today’s global, complex food supply chain – and increasing regulatory requirements such as FDA’s FSMA – it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage risk while meeting operational KPIs using manual FSQA management systems.” Acheson continued, “There’s an important role for enabling technologies to increase operational efficiencies while sending safer food into commerce, and this was an important series to bring the food safety community into the discussion.”
Added Jill Bender, Vice President of Marketing Communications for SafetyChain, “SafetyChain is a recognized leader in offering online forums that provide insights, and facilitate discussions, on how the industry addresses challenges in sending safe, quality food into commerce. Deploying enabling automation technologies has become a vital strategy for improving FSQA, creating ROI and protecting brand from risk – and we wanted to promote meaningful dialogue on the impact of technology on key food safety and quality issues. We’re delighted that more than 2,000 safety, quality and operations professionals joined the conversation.”
Series Now Available On-Demand
To access the series’ complimentary Leadership Forums, Tech Talks and eBriefs, click here.
Links are available to access the following series events and eBriefs:
Series Launch Leadership Forums: The role of food safety and quality technology on industry issues faced by food and beverage companies
- Food Supply Chain Risk Management and Operational Best Practices, with Dr. David Acheson, and Nancy Wilson
- Leveraging Technology for Best-in-Class Food Safety & Quality Operations, with guest speakers Bob Butcher, Sr. Group Operations Manager for Ipswich Shellfish Company, and Jeff Chilton, VP of Professional Services, Alchemy Systems
Series Tech Talks: How food safety and quality technologies address specific food safety and quality program and operational challenges
- Tackling FSMA Compliance, with guest speakers Nye Hardy, former Sr. Food Safety Manager for Dole Fresh Vegetables, and Melanie Neumann, SVP and CFO of The Acheson Group
- Understanding and Managing Cost of Quality, featuring Lamont Rumbers, President, Fully Integrated Quality Systems, and former Senior Director of Food Quality for Sam’s Club
- Unleashing the Power of the Cloud on Food Safety & Quality, featuring Michele Eddy, Corporate QA Manager from UniSea and Eric Hansen, Director of Technical Solutions at SafetyChain Software
- Conquering HACCP, HARPC and Food Safety Program Management, with Dan Bernkopf, SafetyChain VP of Food Safety and Quality Applications
- Tackling Food Safety Audits, with Kyle Joyce, SafetyChain Director of Product Strategy
Series eBriefs: ePapers on emerging food safety and quality technology innovations
- The Critical Role of Technology on Today’s Food Safety and Quality Operations
- FSQA on the Go – the Power of Food Safety & Quality Automation Mobile Applications
To access all series recordings, ebriefs and demos – visit here.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software solutions help automate, streamline and continuously improve food safety and quality programs at all points along a company’s supply chain. SafetyChain’s integrated platform –SafetyChain for Food – helps save time and money while creating operational efficiencies that help deliver safe, quality food within KPIs. SafetyChain for Food modules include Supplier Compliance, FoodSafety & Quality Management, Regulatory/GFSI Compliance & Audit Readiness, along with SafetyChain Mobile apps. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, Software-as-a-Service solution that delivers hard-dollar ROI, and is used by leading companies across all food industry verticals, including suppliers/growers, manufacturers, distributors and food service/retail.
Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter@LevinFoodSafety