First in ongoing monthly series pod/webcast – Recording Link Available Now
On April 26, 2013, SafetyChain Software and Leavitt Partners Global Food Safety Solutions held its first FSMA Friday – an ongoing series of monthly events designed to keep the food and beverage industry up to date on the most recent Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) news – as well as provide insight on how to prepare for FSMA compliance.
In this first FSMA Friday, guest speaker Dr. David Acheson, Partner with Leavitt Partners – and author of the 2007 FDA Food Protection plan that became the foundation of FSMA as well as a contributor to the FSMA rules – spoke on the topic of “How to Approach Preparing for FSMA Preventive Control Rules.” Dr. Acheson covered topics that included:
- An overview of the rule and how it differs from what the food and beverage industry is already doing today
- What companies are going to have to do to prepare for compliance
- Insight on what will be the most challenging components of the Preventive Control rule
- How the Preventive Control rule builds on – and differs from – HACCP
- The importance of preparing for compliance today vs. waiting until deadlines approach
- Dr. Acheson also answered a wide variety of questions from participants; responses to these are also included in the recording
Leavitt Partners Global Food Safety Solutions is a leader in FSMA and other food safety compliance consulting services, and partners closely with SafetyChain, which provides food safety and quality assurance software solutions that cover all aspects of regulatory, 3rd party and customer compliance – including FSMA compliance.
Future FSMA Friday Schedule and Registration
The current FSMA Fridays schedule is below. *Note that topics are subject to change based on the release of new rules by FDA.Registration is complimentary. By registering once, registrants will then receive notification of all future dates and topics without having to re-register.
Current FSMA Fridays Topics – all events are planned for 20-30 minutes, and start at 9 a.m. PDT:
- May 31: How to build a food safety plan: HACCP, PRPs, Corrective Actions and more
- June 28: What do good environmental control systems look like?
- July 26 Supplier verification, supplier / importer program updates
- August 23: How should I comply with the proposed rule for recall plans?
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software’s SafetyChain for Food™ helps the food and beverage industry manage safety and quality compliance in realtime – preventing non-compliant ingredients, raw materials and finished product from coming in or going out. With SafetyChain for Food’s affordable solution modules – for Supplier Compliance & Management, Safety & Quality Data Reporting, HACCP/GFSI Compliance and Customer & Finished Product Compliance – food growers, producers, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, food services and importers save time, save money and create efficiencies that contribute to the bottom line. SafetyChain for Food is a global, Software-as-a-Service solution, designed for fast deployment and even faster ROI. www.safetychain.com
About Leavitt Partners Global Food Safety Solutions (LP GFSS)
Since 2009, LP GFSS, led by Dr. David Acheson, has provided strategic and comprehensive services to companies involved in food production, distribution or sale as well as to ancillary firms providing technical solutions to food companies. Brand protection, compliance with new regulations, supply chain risk management, traceability, recall and crisis management are at the core of LP GFSS services. LP GFSS works with all supply chain segments, from farms to manufacturers, retail and food services providers – domestic and foreign – all focused on providing first rate services in a cost conscious environment.