SafetyChain for GFSI Creates a Central Repository of Required GFSI-Related Food Safety Data to Promote Continuous Improvement and Response to Unannounced Audits
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA)™, helps companies manage robust Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs with SafetyChain for GFSI™ – a powerful tool that ensures all GFSI-required tasks, documents, and records are completed on time with date-stamped documentation and a central database for reporting, trending and continuous improvement.
SafetyChain for GFSI is a module of SafetyChain’s dedicated platform for automating food safety and quality along the entire supply chain – including solutions for Supplier Compliance / Vendor Approval Programs; Food Safety & Quality Management, including HACCP / HARPC and Customer Specification Management; Regulatory / GFSI Program Management and Audit On-Demand.
“A recent study by IFSQN stated that 65% of food and beverage companies are GFSI certified and another 25% are in the process – a good thing! After all, the Global Food Safety Initiative was designed to help ensure continuous improvement of food safety.
But managing a robust GFSI program can lead to mountains of paperwork and data management challenges,” states Barbara Levin, SafetyChain SVP and co-founder. “With SafetyChain for GFSI, we’ve provided a powerful yet affordable solution to ensure that all required safety tasks are scheduled and completed, non-conformances are detected early for timely CAPAs, and that all data is easily accessed continuous improvement trending.
And, as the various schemes mandate unannounced audits, SafetyChain for GFSI will help companies be audit-ready on demand,” Levin continued.
SafetyChain for GFSI – Including SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, Primus and other major schemes – features include the ability to:
- Automate the management of all GFSI documents and records including those required for HACCP / Preventive Controls, Prerequisite Programs (PRPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and more
- Electronically ensure document and version control – with automated revision logs
- Access and organize all required GFSI audit programs, forms and records “on-demand” at the click of a mouse
- Automatically scheduled all GFSI required tasks – with auto-notifications when they are due – along with escalating alerts for non-completion or non-compliant results
- Access realtime data dashboard for trending and continuous improvement
- Leverage advanced document management support for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance with electronic signatures and unalterable time / date stamps
- Aggregate Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) data to support hold and release – or positive release programs
Key benefits of SafetyChain for GFSI include:
- Automated Program Management: all scheme requirements are built-in and easily cross referenced for SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, PrimusGFS and other GFSI schemes; older standards can be archived under secure authorization to prevent using out-of-date scheme requirements, programs and forms; and tasks, workflow and data analysis are automated
- Audit Readiness – Even for unannounced audits: easily access all GFSI records from a single, central repository of data; no more “forklifts of binders” – audit documents can be accessed anywhere/anytime from a laptop or tablet
SafetyChain GFSI Return on Investment:
- Saves costs of labor for program file maintenance and clerical tasks
- Eliminates the intensive time and money spent on audit preparation
- Ensures form completion to avoid record omissions that cost valuable audit points
- Allows FSQA professionals to spend their time analyzing vs. entering data
- Supports continuous program improvement help meet or beat KPIs
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out.
SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and SafetyChain Mobile – mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets.
SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally in 15 languages. Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety