Comprehensive food safety and quality automation suite helps manage FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food, Preventive Controls for Animal Food, Produce and Foreign Supplier Verification Program Rules plus FSMA documentation requirements
San Rafael, CA – September 1, 2015 – SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) announced yesterday full automation compliance support for food and beverage companies impacted by the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
SafetyChain’s single, integrated platform for food safety and quality supports FSMA compliance including:
- Supplier compliance and supply chain controls – including managing Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) requirements
- Managing HARPC programs and easing the transition from HACCP to HARPC
- Defining all Preventive Controls and other FSMA Food Safety Plan requirements – including those for Produce Rule – as well as monitoring tasks to ensure completion
- Realtime test analysis and non-conformance alerts for timely CAPA to ensure non-compliant products do not go into commerce
- Creating a central repository of all FSMA related documentation for on demand audit access
“Management and compliance of food safety plans under FSMA will be far more complex than many plans in place today. Additionally, it is often said that with FSMA, it will be extremely difficult for companies to be FSMA-compliant on Day 1 without the benefit of automation. SafetyChain is very pleased to offer a powerful automation solution that can help companies manage all aspects of FSMA rules including documentation and audit readiness in an automated and streamlined manner,” said Barbara Levin, SafetyChain SVP and co-founder.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Food Safety Management, Food Quality Management, GFSI/Regulatory Compliance and Audit Management and SafetyChain Mobile for anywhere/anytime FSQA. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally by leading companies in all food industry verticals, including suppliers/growers, manufacturers, distributors and food service / retail.