Popular monthly FSMA webcast series, featuring Dr. David Acheson, will examine FDA’s second revision of the FSVP proposed rule – including audit expectations, changes for foreign companies, what US importers should be doing now to prepare and more.
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA™, is pleased to announce the topic for the October 31, 2014 FSMA Friday: Foreign Supplier Verification Program – Round 2 Rule Revisions.
FSMA Fridays is an online, interactive forum that helps the industry stay up-to-date on FSMA rules, examines the impact rules will have on food and beverage companies, and provides guidance on how to prepare for compliance. The popular monthly series, which has attracted more than 2,000 ongoing registrants, features FSMA icon Dr. David Acheson and The Acheson Group’s food safety team, who address pre-submitted, and live questions from the audience, on a schedule of topics related to FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
Registration is complimentary at www.fsmafridays.com.
The October 31 FSMA Fridays discussion topics will include:
- What is the primary goal of FSVP and why is this part of FSMA?
- How did the re-proposals change what is in FSVP?
- If the FSVP is about supply chain control, how is it different from the revised Preventive Control for Human Food rule?
- Will food and beverage importers be expected to do onsite audits of foreign suppliers?
- Will this rule put some importers out of business?
- Will a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) audit suffice for the foreign supplier audit?
- Are foreign suppliers aware of what is coming and are they ready for the changes?
- What should US importers be doing now to get ready for FSVP?
As always, the Acheson Group team will also answer questions from participants.
Registration for FSMA Fridays is complimentary at: www.FSMAFridays.com. Once registered for one FSMA Friday, participants receive archives to all past events and are automatically registered for future topics, which include*:
- Friday, November 21: What’s Likely to Not Go Away in Final Rules and How to Start Preparing Today
- Friday, December 19: What to Expect for FSMA in 2015
*Subject to change based on new rule revisions and updates from FDA
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance/Audit Readiness and SafetyChain Mobile – mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally in 15 languages. Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety
SafetyChain Software, SafetyChain for Food and FSMA Fridays are registered trademarks of SafetyChain Software Inc. All rights reserved.
About The Acheson Group (TAG)
Global food supplies, changing consumer expectations and expanding regulations are creating more risk for food companies. The Acheson Group’s mission is to work with food companies, and those that provide technology to food companies, to help manage this changing risk outlook. TAG is able to offer quality, strategic consulting due to the diverse nature, training and experience of its team. TAG seeks to be valued advisors to its clients by building a very close relationship that brings together an environment of good communication through a significant amount of direct client interaction. www.achesongroup.com