Popular monthly FSMA webcast series, featuring The Acheson Group, will examine how close FDA is to the final FSMA rules and what food safety and quality assurance operations should start doing now to prepare for compliance
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA™, is pleased to announce the topic for its November 21, 2014 FSMA Fridays: – What’s Not Going Away in Final FSMA Rules – and How to Start Preparing Now.
FSMA Fridays is an online, interactive forum that helps the food and beverage industry stay up-to-date on FDA’s Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA); examines the impact FSMA rules will have on food safety and quality operations; and provides guidance on how to prepare for FSMA compliance. The popular monthly series, which has attracted more than 2,000 ongoing registrants, features FSMA icon Dr. David Acheson and The Acheson Group’s food safety team, who address pre-submitted and live questions from the audience, on a schedule of FSMA related topics. FSMA Fridays registration is complimentary at https://safetychain.com/resources/fsma-fridays/
The November 21 FSMA Fridays discussion topics will include:
- How close is the FDA to the final FSMA rules?
- What has been announced in the 2nd round of revisions is likely not to change? And what are the top 3 things foods and beverage companies should be doing NOW to begin to prepare?
- There were significant supplier control changes in FSMA’s 2nd revision – will these changes hold? And if so, what should companies be doing to prepare for compliance?
- From the scientific standpoint, it sounds like companies are going to need to validate their processes. Do you think FDA will be flexible in accepting tried and true operations, or will new studies need to be conducted?
- Are there any proposed FSMA rules where uncertainty should stop people from preparing? Do you expect FDA will meet the court imposed deadlines to finalize the rules? Or will the food and beverage industry have more time?
As always, the Acheson Group team will also answer questions from participants.
Registration for SafetyChain Software’s FSMA Fridays series is complimentary at: https://safetychain.com/resources/fsma-fridays/. Once registered, participants receive archives to all past events and automatically receive notices of future topics.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and SafetyChain Mobile – mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally in 15 languages. Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety
SafetyChain Software, SafetyChain for Food and FSMA Fridays are registered trademarks of SafetyChain Software Inc. All rights reserved.
About The Acheson Group (TAG)
Global food supplies, changing consumer expectations and expanding regulations are creating more risk for food companies. The Acheson Group’s mission is to work with food companies, and those that provide technology to food companies, to help manage this changing risk outlook. TAG is able to offer quality, strategic consulting due to the diverse nature, training and experience of its team. TAG seeks to be valued advisors to its clients by building a very close relationship that brings together an environment of good communication through a significant amount of direct client interaction. www.achesongroup.com