FSMA Fridays December 19th Session – Featuring Dr. David Acheson and The Acheson Group team – will Focus on Final Rules and How Impacted Company Food Safety and Quality Teams Should Prepare Now for Compliance
SafetyChain Software, leaders in Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance(FSQA)™, is pleased to announce the topic for its December 19, 2014 FSMA Friday: What to Expect from FDA and FSMA in 2015. In addition, SafetyChain is announcing topics for its 2015 FSMA Fridays series through June of 2015.
FSMA Fridays is an online, interactive forum that helps the food and beverage industry stay up-to-date on FDA’s Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA); examines the impact FSMA rules will have on food safety and quality operations; and provides guidance on how to prepare for FSMA compliance. It is estimated that more than 80 percent of food and beverage companies will have to comply with FSMA.
The popular monthly series, which has attracted more than 2,000 participants, features FSMA icon Dr. David Acheson and The Acheson Group’s food safety team, who address pre-submitted and live questions from the audience, on a schedule of FSMA related topics. FSMA Fridays registration is complimentary at https://safetychain.com/resources/fsma-fridays/
The December 19 FSMA Fridays key discussion topics will include:
- With the FSMA comment deadline closed, what can we expect next from FDA?
- Now that we’ve gone through several comment periods and revisions, what do we think the key take-aways are – what is FDA ultimately seeking to achieve with these rules?
- When is it anticipated that the FSMA rules will be finalized?
- What will FDA do outside of the “7 pillars of FSMA” – traceability, for example?
- What will some of the biggest challenges be for food and beverage companies as they begin to consider FSMA compliance
- What should companies be doing NOW to begin to prepare for FSMA as we wait for the final rules?
As always, the December 19 FSMA Friday session will begin with a general update on FSMA and the TAG team will answer questions from the participants.
2015 Q1 & Q2 FSMA Fridays Topics Announced
With FSMA compliance now a reality with deadlines in sight, SafetyChain and The Acheson Group are excited to continue FSMA Fridays in 2015 with these topics slated through June, 2015:
- January: Top 5 challenges to being FSMA compliant on day 1 – top 5 things to do NOW to meet challenges head-on
- February: What to do NOW to migrate from HACCP to HARPC
- March: Best practices for risk assessment and putting preventive controls in place
- April: Front of mind FSMA questions – everything you’ve wanted to know about FSMA but were afraid to ask: validation, GMPs/preventive controls, division of FSMA responsibilities between corporate/facilities and more
- May: Best practices for environmental controls programs, supply chain controls and finished product testing
- June: Two months to go – what best-in-class companies are doing NOW to get ready for FSMA
How to Participate
Registration for SafetyChain Software’s FSMA Fridays series is complimentary at: https://safetychain.com/resources/fsma-fridays/ . Once registered, participants receive archives to all past events and automatically receive notices of future topics.
Ready For FSMA? How SafetyChain Can Help with FSMA Compliance
SafetyChain’s Food Safety and Quality Automation Solutions, SafetyChain for Food, helps automate key FSMA requirements:
- Focused on prevention all along the supply chain – upstream, downstream, internal
- Automates, streamline and improv supplier compliance, safety data collection and analysis, non-conformance alerts, CAPA generation and pre-shipment review
- Will fully support the foreign supplier verification program
- Fully automates HACCP and HARPC – can manage unlimited number of HARPC plans regardless of how many product/facility plans you have
- Creates central repository of all food safety and quality data for risk assessment, continuous improvement trending and audit readiness
To learn how SafetyChain Software’s solutions can help with FSMA-compliance, please visit: www.safetychain.com.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain – for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and SafetyChain Mobile – mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally in 15 languages. Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety
SafetyChain Software, SafetyChain for Food and FSMA Fridays are registered trademarks of SafetyChain Software Inc. All rights reserved.
About The Acheson Group (TAG)
Global food supplies, changing consumer expectations and expanding regulations are creating more risk for food companies. The Acheson Group’s mission is to work with food companies, and those that provide technology to food companies, to help manage this changing risk outlook. TAG is able to offer quality, strategic consulting due to the diverse nature, training and experience of its team. TAG seeks to be valued advisors to its clients by building a very close relationship that brings together an environment of good communication through a significant amount of direct client interaction. www.achesongroup.com